I am on holiday this week and would like to thank Lorraine Gambacourt for writing my blog!
Downtime needs to be planned and I can say, having the support of such a great team, it is easy to turn 'it' off!
I hope you are having a great start to a fabulous summer!
This week's On-Track-Tuesday blog is brought to you by Lorraine Gambacourt, RDH, Presenter and Laser Trainer with rdhu.
Curiosity Lights The Fire
Many of us have become life-long learners expanding our knowledge and evolving in our dental hygiene practice. I love to learn something new. It’s what keeps me feeling fresh, energized and alive! Whether from reading, taking a course or listening to a podcast there are always insights, ideas, inspiration and knowledge to be found that can impact your personal and professional life.
In the blog I wrote last week I suggested to pay attention to things that spark your curiosity. Being curious, asking questions, and then paying attention to what comes up in the way of an idea, a book, a course, a conversation, or perhaps an article that you read is the starting point for that spark to burn brighter and ultimately unleash passion!
What stirs curiosity in you? When you scan through a list of courses what stands out? When you listen to a podcast, or read an article and find something that demands your attention do you do a google search to find more resources on the topic?
You could also begin by doing a PSR (professional self-reflection) by asking questions that can invoke curiosity such as:
· How can I improve communication with my clients to gain greater treatment acceptance or inspire behavioural change?
· How can I enhance my clinical skills?
· What skills can I learn to enhance treatment outcomes?
· What can I learn about or do differently that will help me make a bigger impact?
· What are my strengths and how can they benefit the practice?
· Are you a good organizer?
· Do you like to create things that will help the practice in some way?
· Do you have some marketing ideas?
· Could you be a leader in your hygiene department that influences the other hygienists in a positive way?
Then, pay attention to what comes up that you feel passionate about exploring and taking action on.
Passion can be the difference between good and great, ordinary and extraordinary… Passion is a key element that will distinguish between an individual who is merely doing his/her job, and one who excels at engaging with and educating their clients and ultimately loving what they do and the impact they are having!
So be curious. Let it light that fire within you to burn brighter. Learn something new. Be excited! Share your knowledge and passion with others! It will create a ripple effect that will make your chosen profession that much more rewarding!
Lorraine Gambacourt, RDH
Thank you for reading and have a great week ahead. Please take a look below for what is coming up!