We are about to go into another lockdown. What are you going to do to manage your mindset?
The timing is trying, no doubt. Especially for those who are submitting their Quality Assurance Records this month.
Everyone was set for a New Year and a change. Now it feels like a repeat of 2020.
So, we have to manage our mindset as best as possible.
Here are some things to consider:
1. Understanding why it’s important to manage your mindset is key. Being mindful of your thoughts and taking control of them, will help you get through these times.
Supporting a positive mindset for your team will be essential.
2. Be clear that it’s ok to ask for support. Acknowledge that struggling is not a sign of weakness and that asking for support is ok. Make sure you communicate to your team and family that you’re experiencing problems and that you have issues coming up, either now or in the near future (with scheduling, etc.). For those working moms and dads, with home-schooling happening...these times cannot be easy. Ask for help and support when you can, at home and in your practice.
3. Address common concerns through active communication. Give reassurance, if you can.
4. Start having ‘difficult’ conversations.
Although some concerns will be common to all, many of you are working in a place where you might not feel safe. We see it in many Facebook groups. Share your thoughts and concerns with your team and address the issues.
5. Keep connected with Professional Development. We are all here for each other and we know how much it helps to be with like-minded individuals.
Wishing you all well. Remember to keep a healthy mindset, take deep breaths. This too shall pass.
Thank you for reading and have a great week ahead. Please take a look at below for what is coming up!