Spring is a season that symbolizes new beginnings, growth, and renewal. As the weather becomes milder and nature comes back to life, it’s a great time to focus on making positive changes in both our personal and professional lives.
Here are some ideas for things we can do in the workplace now that the new season is upon us:
- Spring Cleaning! Just like we do in our homes, it’s time to do some spring cleaning in the practice. Encourage team members to tidy up their workspaces, declutter digital files, and dispose of any unnecessary items. Perhaps you have a box of used inserts and instruments that you need to trade-in or recycle. This not only helps to create a more organized and productive environment, but it also promotes a sense of responsibility and ownership among team members and it just feels so darn good to get organized!
- Encourage outdoor activities! With the arrival of spring, the weather becomes milder and the days become longer. This is a perfect opportunity to get outside during your lunch break, even if only for 10 minutes. Walk around the block or your building and breathe! This can help to improve your mood and overall health.
- Bring nature inside! Bringing a touch of nature into the practice (perhaps your communal areas) can help to create a more relaxing and calming environment. Consider adding plants or flowers to your workspace, which not only add aesthetic value but also help to purify the air and reduce stress levels.
- Set new goals! Spring is a time of growth and renewal, making it the perfect time to set new goals for the workplace. What do you want to achieve in the upcoming months? Perhaps you would like to become a Myofunctional Therapist so that you can work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals to help with your client's overall health. Work to create a plan to make it happen. Get your team involved! Our Myofunctional course is beginning next week online (see below). Implementing something like this or a Sleep Assessment Protocol, as another example, can help to foster a sense of teamwork and motivation among team members. Feel free to reach out to me to discuss possibilities.
- Celebrate achievements! Spring is a time to celebrate new beginnings, but it’s also a great time to celebrate past achievements. Take some time to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of individuals or teams in your practice. This not only helps to boost morale but also promotes a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- Show Gratitude! With the air feeling so fresh and clean, it is tough to not feel gratitude. Take the time to reflect and show gratitude for all the people and things you have in your life.
- Spring-themed events! This is a great time to get together as a team and with other professionals! For our female members...Women in Dentistry is coming up in a couple of weeks. Perhaps you can get your pink on and attend this conference that is designed for the team and go with your team. Our very own Kerry Lepicek and Anna Louise Tolan, as well as Stacy Bobak, are all presenting at this conference with a team focused agenda. See below for more detail.
Thank you for reading! Please see below for what is coming up and have a great week ahead!