Happy New Year!
I hope your holiday season was one filled with peace, love, and joy!
For most of us, our holiday season wasn't what we expected. Everything seemed to change so drastically, leading right up to Christmas morning.
Last holiday season was expected and we planned to not be with family; however, this holiday season we had hopes and plans.
Things happened and for many, our plans changed.
And now, many of you are young parents and some have children going back to online learning, or for many provinces, extended winter breaks. We are back to social limitations.
We all have learned over the last couple of years to be resilient and adapt to change as our 'norm' is no longer.
What can we do for ourselves when we are faced with so many challenges and uncertainty?
There are many things that we do not have control over; however, there are many things that we DO have control over, so let's focus on this!
What can we control?
1. Our minds. Be sure to feed your mind with positivity. Don't watch too much of the news. Sure, it is important to stay informed with what is going on in our country and globally but take note of how much news you are watching.
Listen to some uplifting personal development podcasts, funny podcasts or TV programs. Pick up the phone and call someone who lifts your spirits!
2. Exercise. Implement daily exercise if you aren't already or perhaps you fell out of your routine. Exercising daily can improve your state-of-mind. It can help reduce stress, anxiety, and depression.
3. Diet. The Holidays are over and we have to put down the Egg Nog! This is a great time to assess your eating habits. What we put in our mouth has a direct impact on our overall mental health as well as our physical health.
4. Sleep. Be sure to get a good 7 - 8 hours of sleep every night. Assess your bedroom. Is it dark? Is it time to get new pillows and comfy sheets? We spend a lot of time in our beds, this is an area that is worth investing in.
5. Plan. Plan your 2022! What goals have you set out for yourself professionally and personally? Setting goals is an energy charger. It gets you planning and assessing your daily actions. It helps keep you on the positive to look forward to brighter days. Who will you become this year? A better version of yourself?
I have set my learning goals for this year and I am charged! We would love to help you set up your learning goals for this year. Just reach out and we can help.
I have set my personal goals for this year and although we are only on the 4th day of the new year, I am tracking and following and seeing progress already.
6. Control your Reactions. With so much change happening in our dental offices, with patients cancelling and team members getting sick and unable to go to work, we have to manage our reactions. You may not have control over a situation but you do have control over how you react to the situation.
When life seems difficult, remember what you can control and have the confidence and hope for an amazing 2022!
Thank you for reading and have a great week ahead. Please take a look below for what is coming up!