Happy New Year!
I hope you had a great Holiday and enjoyed family time and some rest and relaxation!
I get excited this time of year where we reflect on the last year and create goals for the next! It is a fresh start and a new beginning!
There are many different types of goals to consider. There could be Spiritual, Marital, Vocational, Avocational, Financial, Health, and Professional, just to name a few!
What Professional Goals do you have planned for this year? If you would like some ideas, I have a few suggestions...
1. Myofunctional Therapy: Is this the year that you would like to become a Myofunctional Therapist? Or if you are at the stage where you would like to explore what a Myofunctional Therapist does, we have Joe Siegfried on our first show of the year The RDH View next Friday, January 13th at 12pm EST. It is FREE to join in and if you cannot make it live, please register and we will send everyone who is registered the recording. Here is the link: Are you considering adding Myofunctional Therapy in your practice?
2. Did you always want to add Orthodontics to your skillset? We offer a 2-Day hands-on Orthodontic course at rdhu! Take a weekend for you and perhaps sign-up with a friend!
3. Do you have a Laser sitting in a drawer in your office collecting dust? Why not dive in and get trained in lasers and get one op up and running! Providing laser treatment can be so rewarding for you, your client and your practice! We offer laser training in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec!
4. Did you want to look at providing home care tools that are essential in making a positive change for your client's oral health. Perhaps you would like to start offering the Oral Health Essentials program to your clients!
5. Perhaps you are looking at improving the tools in your hands by assessing your hand instrumentation and ultrasonic inserts. I am in the process of writing an e-book on Streamlining Instrumentation. I will share once it is ready. It includes Worksheets to help you with your planning and offers tips on how to sustain an instrumentation program.
If you know me, you know that I could go on and on with ideas for goals! I am adding a goal planning workbook in my Quality Assurance course that will be offered this month. This course is for Ontario RDH's as it is based around the CDHO QA Program and is a Records Management Course. If you are from a different province and think that you would enjoy a mini course on planning and setting Professional goals, I would be happy to offer the workbook in a mini course. Please reply back that you would be interested and if we have enough interest, I will set it up!
In the meantime, please take a look below for what is coming up! We have added some course times to accommodate our Western members. Thank you and have a great week ahead!